All applications to CIFOR for this position advertised on idealist.org are being managed by ngojobsonline.com. To apply for this job, click on the green button below. If you are already registered as a Jobseeker, please log-in in order to apply for the position.
Scientist Forest and Adaptation to Climate Change in West Af, CIFOR, Burkina Faso
ACFAO is a three year FFEM-funded project of CIFOR, implemented in Mali and Burkina Faso. The primary goal of the project is to contribute to mainstreaming ecosystem based adaptation into national development policies and projects.
The Scientist will report to the CIFOR West Africa Regional Coordinator and the Coordinator of the ACFAO project.
Scientist Forest and Adaptation to Climate Change in West Af
CIFOR, Bogor Barat, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research is a nonprofit, global facility dedicated to advancing human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity. We conduct research that enables more informed and equitable decision making about the use and management of forests in less-developed countries.
environment | nature conservation | science
West Africa | Burkina Faso
• Analysing the role of national level institutions in shaping social vulnerability to climate change and facilitating adaptation of rural people in Burkina Faso;
• Analysing sub-/national institutions, policy networks and processes related to forest management, forest based environmental services, and climate change adaptation and mitigation in Burkina Faso;
• Mainstreaming climate adaptation and mitigation into national policies of Burkina Faso;
• Undertaking any other relevant research in the context of both mitigation and adaptation science as it relates to forest management and forest based ecosystem services;
• Strengthening and managing national partnerships;
• Contributing to maintain a science policy dialogue;
• Contributing to the development of research proposals;
• Writing reports and publications for international peer reviewed journals;
• Contributing to communication activities (blogs, website, briefs, science policy dialogue, event organisation
English | Kiswahili | French
started on 18 Feb 2013 | ending on 19 Apr 2013
Subscribe to our Weekly job feed
Receive the latest job listings & information on individual NGOs