All applications to CIFOR for this position advertised on idealist.org are being managed by ngojobsonline.com. To apply for this job, click on the green button below. If you are already registered as a Jobseeker, please log-in in order to apply for the position.
Research Assistant, CIFOR, Burkina Faso
ACFAO is a three year FFEM-funded project of CIFOR, implemented in Mali and Burkina Faso. The primary goal of the project is to contribute to mainstreaming ecosystem based adaptation into national development policies and projects.
The Research Assistant will report to the Coordinator of the ACFAO project.
CIFOR, Bogor Barat, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research is a nonprofit, global facility dedicated to advancing human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity. We conduct research that enables more informed and equitable decision making about the use and management of forests in less-developed countries.
environment | nature conservation | science
West Africa | Burkina Faso
Research Assistant is expected to contribute to forests and climate change research activities in Burkina, including:
1) Participate in research:
• Contribute to research/fieldwork necessary to achieve the project field base objectives;
• Assist in the processing of databases related to the project and perform data analysis;
• Conduct literature search and review on ecosystem based adaptation, synergies between adaptation and mitigation, etc;
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of research activities related to synergies between adaptation and mitigation;
• Assist with the preparation and publication of research results/reports;
• Assist in other research activities as required.
2) Assist in project management:
• Assist in managing contracts and agreements with research partners, consultants and interns;
• Contribute to the development of project proposals;
• Assist in organising workshops, training or field work as required;
• Assist in project monitoring and evaluation;
• Assist in reporting (minutes, translation, etc.);
• Contribute to maintaining appropriate communications with key stakeholders and partners, including local and national government agencies, environmental and development NGOs;
• Other duties as required by the project.
University Undergraduate Degree
English | Spanish | Kiswahili
started on 18 Feb 2013 | ending on 19 Apr 2013
Subscribe to our Weekly job feed
Receive the latest job listings & information on individual NGOs